Anchoring in Noumea
A map and discussion.
Some of our favorite things (and some cruising essentials) in Noumea, New Caledonia
Ile des Pins – A Few of our Favorite Places
Here’s an interactive Google Map with the places we’d go back to again.
The Rocket Guide, Explained (video)
We wouldn’t be without the New Caledonia Rocket Guide. Here’s a video showing some of it’s features.
Online Mobile Phone Recharge
I found a way to do it. It was simple and very useful if you’re out cruising and can’t buy a new Liberté card.
- The Bay of Islands
- The North Coast (from Whangaroa to Tutukaka)
- Waiheke Island
- Tauranga/Mount Maunganui
- Marlborough Sounds
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Nelson and why we loved it
At least the middle and eastern side. Updates are now (as of September 2015) underway and will hopefully be finished soon.
- Google Earth charts
- Tongatapu Google anchorage map
- Vava’u Anchorages
OK, so for right now, it’s just Raiatea, but we hope to add more soon.
- What’s worked for us and what hasn’t.
- NASA BM-2 Battery Monitor (Yay)
- Torqeedo Outboard (Boo)
- Simrad 4G Radar (Yay)
- More coming soon
- Smartphone Cruising
- Picket Fence Anchor Alarm
- Sat Phone Tips
- Incredible Free Fishing Lure
- Wikipedia Offline?
- and more…